Sunday, August 27, 2006

Setting anchors with the crud...

So, I hadn't checked on tropical storm Ernesto since Friday afternoon, when it looked like he was gonna skirt the western end of Cuba and head into the central Gulf. At the time, the Keys were outside the 5 day cone of death projection put out by the good folks at the national hurricane center. From past experience I should have known that meant we were likely to get a direct hit. Very seldom do hurricanes follow those long range forecasts, say 5 days out or longer, so I should have started thinking about preparations on Friday.

Not that I was thinking very well in the latter half of last week, let me remind you. I was so focused on fending off the attack of the snot monster that I didn't really think about where Ernesto might end up.

After studying the 3 day track forecast this morning it looks like it would be a good idea to move Reprieve back to the protected anchorage she was in last year. So I'm off to West Marine to get new anchor line and a snubber. Look for film at eleven.....

No comments: