Saturday, August 26, 2006

On the road with the crud...

Well, after three days of laying around the house trying to get past this cold or flu or whatever-thuh-heck without getting to feeling much better, I got cabin fever this afternoon and decided I may as well get out of the house for a little while. Next thing you know, I'm in Islamorada, so I stop to take a few snaps of the hurricane monument. Back in the car, and all of a sudden I'm in Marathon pulling on a smoothie from the 7 Mile sub shop and ambling the aisles of the used book store. Who knew there was a published collection of Exquisite Corpse selections? Having come this far, I figured it was only reasonable that I cruise on down to Key West and head for Turtle Kraals to get some conch chowder. Stuff's good for a cold, 'specially if you load it up with Tabasco. Refreshed and fortified, but still a bit stuffy in da noggin' despite putting nearly a half-bottle of tabasco in my bowl of chowder, I did a bit of a Duval crawl with the camera. I wandered up and down Duval and along a few side streets. It was wet and drizzly, so I wrapped the camera in a grocery bag and took some shots between the drizzles. Click on this link and let me know what you think.

PS....I just previewed the photos and realized that there isn't a single person in any of them, other than the figures in the mural. Odd.....it was a fairly busy day, you know, Saturday afternoon in Key West, and I didn't consciously try to avoid people when I was framing the shots. Maybe it was vampire weekend and they just didn't show up on film?

1 comment:

Steve said...

Andy, great photos.