Sunday, December 11, 2005

road trip notes....

I'm not gonna even try right now to go into all the details, but what a great freakin' road trip. From Key Largo up US 1 to Krome, left on 41, and then putterin' along down the two lane across the everglades, through the pineywoods, between the hammocks and on up into old St. Pete. Along the way I took in the sights, met a new friend, did a little mechanicking on the bus, and snapped a few photos. And once I got there it was all fun, food, friends, and foolishness. What more could a man ask out of a weekend? OK, the right six numbers would have been nice, but that probably would have been more than I could have handled.

Right before I left, I hung a little plastic happy meal giveaway elf that bro Jim kicked down to me up in Elkin while we were together at Thanksgiving. There will be more on this subject to come later, and it may well just be a case of my imagination gone wild, but I have a strong suspicion that the simple action of suspending little elf no name may have helped set in motion a great spiraling series of events that will finally, happily, thankfully bring an end to the GAPD of '05. Let's all keep our fingers crossed, OK?




I am feeling a bit more solid about work right now, too. The company party was well done, and it was great to catch up with some folks I haven't seen in years. And to make a couple of new acquaintances. For all of the bitchin' I do about work, I really don't have it that bad. It would be great to feel like I was doing something more, uhmmm....how should I put this..... "worthwhile", maybe? That's a close enough description, I guess. I just don't know what that would be right now, and for right now what I'm doing is OK.


Gotta run now...need to get some sleep tonight 'cause I sho nuf didn't get any last night, and this will be another action-packed fun-filled week at work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A well deserved weekend that was a long time coming, bro. Happy to hear about the happy times. Great picture! Take care of that elf.